Blocks of Flats Insurance

Get Your insurance quote today!

Blocks of Flats Insurance

Blocks of flats insurance is a very complex area and one in which Lockyers Insurance has many years’ experience. Because a flat in a block is not a completely separate entity, there are special risks and responsibilities to the others in the block, so the insurance is a specialist area. If you are a landlord that owns a whole block, you will need all of the usual cover that landlords need, such as Landlord Liability, loss of rent, rent guarantees and the rest, but you will also need more specific cover on your block of flats insurance policy.

No matter how large a building you need to cover, if it is in sole occupancy the insurance policy is relatively easy to arrange as any damage will only impinge on one individual. With flats this is very different and although you as a landlord would not be expected to prevent a top floor tenant letting his bath overflow and flood all of the flats below, you would be liable for repairs in all of those flats. This means that unless you had appropriate blocks of flats insurance that covered against this sort of risk, you could quite literally go out of business. Hopefully you would have encouraged your tenants to take out proper tenants’ insurance to cover their personal possessions, but repairs to the fabric of the building would be your responsibility.

Lockyers Insurance have three generations of experience in commercial insurance and landlords’ insurance is one of their specialities. Whether you have a single block of flats of just a few floors or a portfolio containing many multi-level blocks, you will need to speak to one of our trained advisers. We can tailor your policy to suit your specific needs and although we are independent insurance brokers we deal with all of the major insurance providers in such volume that we are able to get the very cheapest quotes for even quite complex situations.

Request a Callback

Blocks of Flats Insurance Quotes

If the worst should happen and you need to make a claim on your blocks of flats insurance, Lockyers will be able to guide you on how to proceed. Hopefully you will have many years as a landlord without having to claim on your insurance and so you may have no experience of what to do.

Lockyers on the other hand have many years in the business behind them and are very experienced in how to get your claim processed and paid out so you can get on with your business. We don’t just arrange your blocks of flats insurance policy, we look after you while it is up and running as well.

MY BUSINESS TOOLKIT is a helping hand for running your company. Lockyers give FREE access for all business clients to articles, “How To Guides” and template forms that cover many aspects of business management including Property Management, Legislation and Compliance, Business & Technology, Human Resources, Risk Management and Safety.


Cover can be Tailored to include:

  • Buildings
  • Loss of rent
  • Alternative accommodation
  • Employers’ liability
  • Legal expenses
  • Subsidence
  • Terrorism
  • Contents
  • Contract works
  • Fly tipping
  • Property owners liability